Baked Potstickers with Sweet Asian Dipping Sauce
Baking these tasty potstickers on Stoneware makes preparation quick and easy. The tangy, sweet sauce is the perfect complement.
- 1 can (8 oz/250 mL) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated carrot
- 1 tsp (5 mL) peeled and finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 can (10 oz/295 mL) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red jalapeño jelly
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
Preheat oven to 425°F. For potstickers, finely chop water chestnuts using Food Chopper. Thinly slice green onions using Chef's Knife. Grate carrot using Rotary Grater. Finely grate gingerroot using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater. In Stainless (2-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine water chestnuts, green onions, carrot, gingerroot, chicken, soy sauce, egg white, mayonnaise and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well using Classic Scraper.
To assemble potstickers, place 12 wonton wrappers onto smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Lightly brush edges of each wonton with water using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Using Small Scoop, place a mounded scoop of filling onto center of each wonton. Shape and seal wontons as desired. Place potstickers on Large Round Stone with Handles; lightly spray with canola oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Repeat with remaining wontons. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges of potstickers are golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, place jelly in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until warm; add vinegar and soy sauce. Whisk until well blended using Stainless Mini Whisk. Transfer potstickers to Simple Additions® Large Rectangle Platter with Handles using Chef's Tongs; serve with dipping sauce.
- 24 servings of 2
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 140, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 360 mg, Fiber 1 g