Sausage & Pepper French Bread Pizza
- 8 oz (250 g) hot Italian sausage links (about 2 links)
- 1 each medium green and red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) thinly sliced onion wedges
- 1 (15-in/38-cm) loaf French bread
- 1 can (8 oz/250 g) pizza sauce
- 6 oz (175 g) pizza cheese blend (1 1/2 cups/375 mL)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Italian seasoning (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Remove casings from sausage links and cut into 1/2-inch (1-cm) nuggets. In (10-in./24-cm) Skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink; remove from Skillet. Add peppers and onion to Skillet; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Slice bread loaf in half lengthwise using Bread Knife; place cut sides up on Rectangle Stone. Spread pizza sauce evenly over bread. Top with 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cheese, vegetables and sausage. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with seasoning, if desired. Bake 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is crisp. Serve immediately.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 17 g, Sodium 850 mg, Fiber 3 g