Creamy Brussels Sprouts Dip
- 10 oz (300 g) fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed (3 cups/750 mL sliced)
- 2 green onions
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) olive oil
- 8 oz (250 g) part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tbsp (15-30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) each salt and black pepper
- Pita chips or fresh vegetable slices
Add the oil to the baker and gently stir. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 2 minutes.
Grate both cheeses with the Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater.
Place the cheese and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Add the cheese mixture to the baker; stir to combine with Brussels sprouts. Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 4–6 minutes, or until the dip is hot and bubbly.
Remove from the microwave and stir. Serve immediately with pita chips or fresh vegetable slices.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
(3 tbsp/45 mL per serving): Calories 110, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 5 g
You can load 3-4 Brussels sprouts in the Simple Slicer at one time. Use short slicing motions.