Thai Chicken Salad Cups
- Rice Cups
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) instant long grain white rice, uncooked
- ½ cup (125 mL) hot water
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 6 oz (175 g) finely diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 1 2-in. (5-cm) piece fresh gingerroot, peeled
- 1 1/2 in. (4-cm) piece seedless cucumber (2 oz/60 g)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (50 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp (2 mL) sugar
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place rice in Small Batter Bowl; pour hot water over rice and let stand 4-5 minutes until water is mostly absorbed.
Spray wells of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon ½ tbsp (7 mL) of rice into each well of pan. Gently press rice into pan with Mini-Tart Shaper. Bake 14-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Grate ginger with Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater to measure 1 tsp (5 mL). Cut cucumber into small chunks. Press garlic into Manual Food Processor with Garlic Press. Add vinegar, cucumber, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger and sugar; process until mixture combines to form a sauce.
Add sauce to batter bowl with chicken mixture; mix until combined.
- 24 servings of 1 appetizer
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 45, Total Fat 1.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 60 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g