Polenta Fries With Creamy Pesto
These polenta fries are baked to perfection in an air fryer, giving them a crunchy outside and creamy inside. Dip in a creamy tomato pesto and that’s amore!
- Polenta Fries
- 1 tube (18 oz./540 g) precooked polenta
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, plus additional for spraying
- ¼ cup (60 mL) panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Garlic & Herb Rub
- Creamy Tomato Pesto Dipping Sauce
- ¾ cup (175 mL) grape tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- 2 oz. (60 g) Parmesan cheese, finely grated (½ cup/125 mL)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Garlic & Herb Rub
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- Slice the polenta in half widthwise, then lengthwise into ¼" (6-mm) pieces. Slice evenly into fries, about ¼" (6-mm) wide.
- Coat the fries with the oil. Sprinkle with the panko and salt. Gently toss to coat.
Spray the trays of the Deluxe Air Fryer with oil. Place the fries in a single layer on both trays and place the trays on the top and bottom racks. Cook on AIR FRY for 20 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through.
- For the dipping sauce, process the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Leave the fries in the air fryer for 5 minutes without opening the door. (This helps crisp the outside of the fries without overly browning.)
- Transfer the fries to a bowl or plate. Sprinkle with the rub and gently toss. (Tossing the fries with the rub after air frying reduces burning during cooking.)
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 890 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 0 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 6 g
For the best results, cut the fries as evenly as possible. For really crispy fries, you’ll want thinner slices and for softer fries, you’ll want larger slices. The fries will get crunchier a few minutes after they come out of the air fryer, so adjust the time depending on the texture you like.