Touchdown Taco Dip
This three-layer dip is baked up hot, then topped with a colorful array of fresh toppings.
- 1 can (16 oz/398 mL) refried beans
- 8 oz (226 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) taco seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium plum tomato
- 3 green onions with tops
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced pitted ripe olives
- Additional sour cream and tortilla chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread beans over bottom of Square Baker using Classic Scraper. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture over beans. Bake 15–18 minutes or until hot. Remove baker from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; top with cheddar cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 2–3 minutes or until cheddar cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, slice tomato in half lengthwise using Santoku Knife; scrape out seeds using Core & More. Dice tomato and thinly slice onions. Snip cilantro using Professional Shears. Sprinkle olives, tomato, onions and cilantro over dip. Garnish with additional sour cream and serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
- 16 servings of 1/4
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 140, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 330 mg, Fiber 0 g
Southwestern Seasoning Mix can be substituted for the taco seasoning mix, if desired.