Monterey Spinach Melts
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each mayonnaise and sour cream
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 20 slices cocktail rye bread squares
- 4 oz (125 g) Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except bread and cheese; mix well.
Spread spinach mixture onto bread squares with Beaded Cheese Knife. Arrange on flat baking stone. Carefully slice 20 slices of cheese using thin cheese plane blade of Beaded Cheese Knife. Place one slice of cheese on top of each bread square. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- 20 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 90, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 220 mg, Fiber 1 g