Greek Cucumber Noodle Salad
Classic Greek salad gets a spin with spiralized cucumber!
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 english cucumber, cut in halves or thirds
- 1 small red onion (or 1/2 medium onion), peeled and ends trimmed
- 1 pint (2 cups/500 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar (7.5 oz/212 g) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Kalamata olives, pitted and halved, or pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 4 oz (125 g) crumbled feta cheese
To prepare dressing, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar and seasonings; set aside.
Spiralize the cucumbers with the fettuccini blade on the Veggie Spiralizer. Snip cucumber noodles, occasionally, to shorten strands. Place cucumber into the large colander of the Salad and Berry Spinner; place colander into outer bowl. Blot excess moisture with paper towel. Allow excess water to drain prior to assembling salad.
Using the ribbon blade, spiralize the red onion; cut spirals in half. Rinse red onion under water to remove the bite. Drain and set aside.
Slice tomatoes in half.
Combine cucumber, onion, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives and cheese. Toss to combine. Drizzle with half of the salad dressing and serve remaining as needed on the side.
- 8 servings of 1 cup/250 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 120, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g