Easy Artichoke Melts
- 5 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 oz (45 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup/125 mL packed), divided
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Sliced ripe olives and snipped fresh parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Remove crusts from bread; cut each slice into four squares for a total of 20 squares. Arrange squares on Small Sheet Pan.
In medium bowl, combine artichokes, two-thirds of the cheese, mayonnaise and garlic; mix well. Place about 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the artichoke mixture onto each square; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges of bread just begin to brown. Place sheet pan 4 in. (10 cm) from heating element. Broil 2-4 minutes or until bread and cheese are golden brown. Remove pan from broiler; top with olives and parsley, if desired.
- 10 servings of 2
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 130, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 350 mg, Fiber 2 g