Zesty Crab Salad in Cucumber Boats
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) salt
- 1 lime
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) imitation crabmeat, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated carrot
- 1 large English cucumber, scored
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, cayenne pepper and salt; mix well.
Zest lime to measure 1 tsp (5 mL) zest. Juice lime to measure 1 tsp (5 mL) juice. Add crabmeat, carrot, lime zest and juice to mayonnaise mixture; mix well.
Cut cucumber in half lengthwise using Forged Knife - Utility; scoop out seeds. Spoon crab mixture evenly into cucumber halves. Cut cucumber diagonally into 1-inch-thick (2.5-cm) pieces, discarding ends. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
- 24 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 35, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 105 mg, Fiber 0 g