Warm Southwest Vegetable Dip
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) diced green pepper
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Tex-Mex seasoning
- Blue and yellow corn tortilla chips (about 48 chips total), divided
- 3 oz (90 g) cheddar cheese, grated (3/4 cup/175 mL)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chopped cilantro
Place drained tomatoes, beans, corn, diced green pepper, jalapeño pepper and garlic pressed with Garlic Press and seasoning mix into large bowl; mix well. Crush 8 corn tortilla chips; distribute crumbs evenly in bottom of Mini-Baker. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over crumbs in Baker.
Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over top of vegetable mixture. Place Baker in microwave. Microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over cheese. Serve dip with remaining tortilla chips.
- 16 servings of about 4
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 70, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 150 mg, Fiber 2 g