Moroccan Chicken Crostini Melts
Warmly spiced and slightly sweet, these appetizers will be a hit wherever they go.
- 1 loaf (16 oz/450 g) French baguette
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Moroccan seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) finely diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mixed dried fruit bits
- Thinly sliced green onion and finely diced red bell pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Using Color Coated Bread Knife, slice baguette into twenty-four 1/2-inch-thick (1-cm) slices; arrange in a single layer on Large Round Stone with Handles. Combine oil and 1 tsp (5 mL) of the seasoning in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl; brush over bread slices with Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Bake 4-5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove baking stone from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, finely dice chicken using Chef's Knife. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream and remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) plus 1 tbsp (15 mL) seasoning; mix well with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Stir in half of the cheese and fruit bits.
Using Small Scoop, distribute chicken mixture evenly among bread slices; flatten slightly using back of scoop. Sprinkle chicken mixture with remaining cheese. Bake 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove baking stone from oven. Garnish crostini with green onion and bell pepper, if desired.
- 24 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 170, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 8 g, Sodium 320 mg, Fiber 1 g
Mixed dried fruit bits, a mixture of dried fruit such as raisins, apples, cherries and pineapple, can be found in bags in the dried fruit aisle of grocery stores.