- 2 oz (60 g) mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz (30 g) fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 10-12 slices (1/4-in./6-mm thick) French baguette
- Toppers: prepared pesto, marinara sauce or tapenade (optional)
Toast bread 1-3 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown, rotating pieces as necessary to brown evenly. Remove pan from heat.
Sprinkle cheeses over bread. Place pan 2-4 in. (5-10 cm) from heating element. Broil 2-4 minutes or until cheese is light golden brown; remove from oven. Serve with desired Toppers.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 130, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 240 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g